Fairy Houses





This activity is great for at home or out somewhere. The fun begins with treasure hunting for various materials to construct your house, and selection of an appropriate location. Then you're ready to start building. It was fun for me to do this, and my boys got into it also - especially my 3 year old. They introduced action figures and animal figures to the houses, so it turned into free play when we were done.

As it turned out, this was also a cool nature activity. Looking at the materials up close prompted a lot of questioning. And answering, of course.

1 comment:

  1. I loved making fairy houses as a kid, you should try making them out of snow sometime, its fun because you can carve the house out to look however you want. My daughter is only 9 months old right now, but I can't wait to do this with her when she's a little older.

    ReplyDelete