Odyssey Book Shop, South Hadley, MA


This is a fantastic bookstore and it does a lot for children. The children's book section itself is fun and well stocked. Additionally, the Odyssey hosts storytimes and in the summer, weekly saturday morning family entertainment.
I'll confess I don't go there often, I think I went to a reading by Jenny Boylan several years ago and haven't gotten back. I plan on returning soon, however. A local writer (and parent) named Samantha Wilde will be reading from her new, mommy-lit, novel at the Odyssey on June 25, 2009 - you can check out her website, linked below.
A South Hadley afternoon might include a visit to the Mt. Holyoke Conservatory, or the Art Museum. The Village Commons, where the Odyssey is located, is an interesting outdoor mall with businesses that include a delicious deli, movie theatres, and a few stores.




No comments:

Post a Comment