Granby Public Library, Granby, MA












I had a great first visit to this library today. The children's room is separated from the rest of the library, with the whole downstairs to itself. (The videos are located upstairs, which could be a boon or a burden. I found myself glad about it today, because the kids were more focused on books than DVDs). The restroom was clean and well equipped for children. There was a train table as well as another play table with plant and dinosaur legos. I browsed the parent - oriented books, such as crafts and activities. The selection was fantastic. There were lots of themed backpacked available to check out. Plenty of puzzles too. Two computers were set up, but I didn't bother checking whether they were library-catalogue only or had internet access.
The room is small and cramped, but has a well cared for and friendly feeling. A large table had coloring sheets and library information, but it was being used more as a work surface during my visit there. There was an adult sized chair that I sat in to nurse the baby, but in a small space it's hard to create true privacy.
When I checked out my books, on the main level, the children's librarian introduced herself and welcomed me to the library. All in all, a really nice small community library.

No comments:

Post a Comment